From the January 2005 Harper’s Index:
- Average number of suicides per 100,000 residents in states carried by President Bush in November: 13.5
- Average number in states carried by John Kerry: 9.9
- Hours after Kerry conceded that a New Yorker posted a personal ad seeking a Bush supporter for a “fair, physical fight”: 5
- Number of people that volunteered within twenty-four hours: 3
- Number who asked to watch: 9
No replies expected, I just thought others might get a kick out of this too. But as the first poster, I’d like to express a welcome for equal-opportunity venting.